Thyroid Gland Evaluations
Could You Be Low Thyroid? Do You Have the Following:
- Problems with weight (very easy to gain, OR extremely
hard to lose, despite sensible food intake OR good exercise)?
- Problems with body temperature (feeling chilly when others
don't? OR cold feet and/or hands? OR needing to wear socks
to bed, OR having to dress in layers during the day? OR
decreased sweating, OR slow to heat up with exercise)?
- Problems with RATE of body processes (decreased reaction
time, OR slowed reflexes, OR sluggish bowel constipation,
OR sluggish liver/ high cholesterol)?
- Problems with ENERGY (severe fatigue, OR utterly exhausted
by end of day, OR times during day when energy drops out
completely, feeling like the plug is pulled on your energy)?
Could You Be HIGH THYROID? Do You Have the Following?
- Bulging eyes? "Staring gaze," or people commenting
that you're looking at them too intently?
- Excessively fast heart rate, or runs of skipped beats,
or bothersomepalpitations? Mild or coarse shaking of fingers
or hands (tremor)?
- Swelling OR tenderness of thyroid gland (goiter)?
- Panic attacks or breathlessness for no reason? OR unusual
irritability or hyped-up behavior change without clear cause?
OR general anxiety or nervousness for no apparent reason?
The one gland out of the three glands queried (thyroid, adrenal,
sex glands) with the highest number of "yes" answers
(both high and low) indicates which gland system is your apparent
endo-type. This is where you might now best focus your healing
efforts. Be sure to get a copy of Feeling
Fat, Fuzzy, or Frazzled? and take the full Self-Evaluation
Tests in Chapter 3, to help determine your endo-type
REMEMBER that if you would like additional support
with your health situation,
Dr. Richard Shames is now available to do individual
coaching over the phone with you.